Thursday, September 6, 2007

Papertrey Sketch Fun!

I LOVE this weeks SCS sketch challenge! It goes together so nicely and looks great with any stamps. All of the samples I have seen from others on SCS turned out beautifully.

I took the opportunity to finally ink up my new Papertrey Ink stamps. They arrived over a week ago but I wasn't sure where to start. There are soooo many choices in each set and I had all ready seen soooo many great samples on the net that I was a little intimidated. But I sucked it up and went for it and am thrilled with the results! You really can't go wrong with all these beautiful stamps from Papertrey Ink and SU's colors.



Stamps: Beautiful Blooms.
Paper: white, regal rose, summer sun, Olive
Ink: rose red, regal rose, summer sun, celery, olive
Accessories: Square scallop punch, corner ticket punch, ribbon, pop dot, cuttlebug flower die

I loved this card so much that I decided to make another one using little lady. The colors were inspired by a sample on Nicole Heady's blog. I have seven layers on this card! As soon as I finished it, I said to myself, wow, I just made a Markiesmom card. Well...with out all the hardware.

I used the rock and roll technique for the ladybugs and my crop-a-dile to made the little faux brads around the scallop ovals. There is a great tutorial on this technique on Beate's Blog.





Stamps: Little Lady
Paper: Black, White, Pumpkin, Summer sun
Ink: Black, Summer Sun, Pumpkin
Accessories: Scallop Oval punches, ribbon, corner punch, scallop scissors, pop dots, crop-a-dile

I hope you all have a bright and sunny day!




5 comments:

Alhambra Club said...

Both cards are wonderful

Unknown said...

Kristine I LOVE these card!! Especially the Little Lady one - so fabulous!!!!

Anonymous said...

Kristina, I always love what you come up with. These two cards are no exception.
Hugs and smiles

Bethany Paull said...

Oooh! I love both cards. What great, happy colors.

Rochelle W said...

I love both cards. Very cool idea with the faux brads. I like how it matches the cuttlebug embossing folder. Great cards.